Saturday, November 12, 2011

Update: The Accident

Today, the girls and I shared a first...a first I would rather we had not had. As you may have guessed from the title, the first we shared was our first accident. And no, not the kind of accident that occurs in their pants frequently. A real live accident with cars. Before you get worried, know this, everyone is fine. Maybe a little shaken up or angry, but physically just fine.

As with most shared firsts, we had similar reactions, the girls and I. Mia (who was on the side that got hit, as was I) cried pretty hard immediately after, but calmed down with time and hand holding. Charlie gave me the most pitiful scared look. Abigail cried for a moment once we had pulled over. You can decide which one of the girls' reactions my reaction was most similar to.

I am so proud of those girls, though! They handled their first accident very well. My brave little Bean especially. (Bean is Charlie's nickname, in case you didn't know.)

And because I am a very visual person, I made an animation to go with this post. As I hope you can see, the other guy turned (from a non-turning lane) into us (the truck) while we were in a turn or go straight lane.

What he had to say for himself? "You were in a turn lane." First, no, we had the option to turn, and second, even if it had been a turn only lane, his was a straight only lane, no turning allowed. So... yeah. Entirely his fault.

If we hadn't had the girls, I would only feel shaken. No one was hurt after all. But remembering Mia's face... Grr. He's lucky I was still in shock when we pulled over.

5 comments:

  1. Great illustration Lisa. except in the picture his lane is a turn or go straight lane. and in real life he could only go straight. Glad we are all ok and that I didnt kill him....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you were in an accident!!!! Scary!!!! I'm glad you guys are all safe. I love you! Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! It finally let me comment on your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes! That is so freaky! I'm so grateful you're safe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I had no idea! Good illustration!

    ReplyDelete